DataVisor Protects a Number of the Largest Internet Properties in China From Fraud with AI
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Aug. 10, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Despite its reputation as a challenging market for US-based companies to enter, DataVisor today announced it has secured some of the top internet companies in China as customers, representing a significant portion of DataVisor’s more than two billion users protected from fraudsters around the globe. This powerful momentum comes shortly before its one-year anniversary of opening a regional office in Beijing, which provides additional local support for customers and prospects in China.
DataVisor is the leading online fraud and financial crime detection service utilizing artificial intelligence to identify attack campaigns before they conduct any damage. DataVisor’s unique fraud detection technology uses unsupervised machine learning to protect its clients against a variety of attacks including mass registrations, account takeover, fraudulent transactions, identity theft, fake reviews, spam, fake app installation, and more.
Karen Lu, Head of Alibaba Cloud US said, “By partnering with DataVisor, we provide a better experience for our global customers, helping them to tackle the cyber security challenges by providing advanced tools.”
DataVisor’s impressive list of customers based in China include:
- Alibaba Cloud –Established in 2009, Alibaba Cloud (www.alibabacloud.com), the cloud computing arm of Alibaba Group, is China’s largest provider of public cloud services in 2016 by revenue, according to IDC. Alibaba Cloud provides a comprehensive suite of cloud computing services to all types of businesses.
- Blued –With tens of millions of users worldwide, Blued is the world's largest social networking app that connects the gay community.
- Cheetah Mobile –Cheetah Mobile is a leading mobile internet company with more than 600 million mobile monthly active users, 78.8 percent of which are from outside of China.
- Dianping – With more than 200 million monthly active users, over 100 million user-generated reviews, and more than 20 million local businesses in approximately 2,500 cities worldwide, Dianping is the largest site for user-generated reviews of restaurants and all types of businesses.
- FunPlus – Founded in 2010, FunPlus Group is dedicated to providing the ultimate entertainment experience to gamers worldwide. Located in Beijing, San Francisco and Taipei, FunPlus is a top-tier Facebook, iOS and Android developer joining the Digi-Capital Unicorn club in 2014 with over $1 billion value.
- Momo –With more than 300 million users,Momo is a location-based mobile social networking and entertainment platform. Momo enables users to connect with each other in a personal and lively way through short-form videos and live streaming.
“China has been a critical part of our strategy from the beginning, with some of the earliest adopters of our technology based in that region,” said Yinglian Xie, CEO and co-founder of DataVisor. “As one of the world's most booming Internet regions, China has attracted the most sophisticated and relentless cyber criminals looking for financial gain at the expense of a spectrum of online services. We are proud of our strong momentum in the market and look forward to not only supporting these new marquee customers, but continuing to accelerate our growth in the country and tackling fraudsters around the globe.”
If you’re interested in learning more about the DataVisor and how it can help you reduce fraud, please visit: www.datavisor.com.
DataVisor is the leading online fraud and financial crime detection service utilizing unsupervised machine learning to identify attack campaigns before they conduct any damage. DataVisor protects some of the largest organizations in the world. For more information, visit www.datavisor.com.